COMING MONDAY, JUNE 17TH–THIS WRITER’S ROAD WITH MJ SCHILLER–AUTHOR OF TRAPPED UNDER ICE AND ABANDON ALL HOPE!
Tag, I’m it! English historical romance author Amanda L. V. Shalaby, author of Audra (Crimson Romance), among others, took part in a traveling interview and caught me up in the game. So—here are 10 questions, and the answers.
I cheated on the first one, a little—the working title of my next book is Like a Horse Saddled but I really want to brag about my debut romance from Crimson Romance!
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
In a college poetry class, a classmate wrote a poem about another classmate, calling her ‘inalcansable’ —unattainable—in love. The title stuck in my head for twenty years.
3 ) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Maybe a hybrid Antonio Banderas crossed with Mexican soap opera star José Colunga. Haven’t seen exactly the right actress yet…maybe my former classmate’ available…
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Jovi Treviño finds himself in one last unwinnable war—trying to prove disowned heiress Dell Rosales’ guilt or innocence in drug trafficking—without destroying their fragile hopes of finding a future together.
6) Who is publishing your book?
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Maybe a year—but marketing it took much, much longer!
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Don’t know that I’d compare it to a specific book, but hopefully it achieves at least something of a Jean Brashear work in emotion and depth.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
As mentioned, the title came from a brief encounter in a college class. But the interaction of families with life’s best and worst situations also intrigued me.
10) What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
Unattainable provides a glimpse of south Texas border culture, a heroine trying to stay at a distance from a world that left her without family, and a man who might have to choose honor over love—if his heart and his enemies let him.
Don’t forget to join Amanda L. V. Shalaby, myself, and other Crimson Romance Authors as we celebrate our publisher’s first anniversary! Join us for the Crimson Romance A Year in Love Anniversary Blog Hop. Great people, books–and prizes! June 4th-25th!